Requirements for Registration of Copyright of Computer Software in China
- Name, address (including post code), nationality and identification number of the applicant; name and telephone number of the person to contact if the applicant is an entity. If the applicant is the copyright owner, please also indicate:
(a) Whether the applicant is the original copyright owner or an heir or assignee of the copyright. If the applicant is an heir or assignee, a notarized copy of certificate of inheritance or assignment of the copyright shall be provided.
(b) The status in which the copyright is owned by the copyright owner, solely or jointly.
- Documentation to prove the identification of the applicant, i.e., a notarized or legalized copy of identification card for an individual applicant, or a notarized or legalized copy of business license for an entity ...
For a design application to be filed in China, it is required to submit the following:
1. Two sets of drawings or photographs (if color is claimed, it is required to submit two sets of colorful photographs) to the State Intellectual Property Office of China. For that purpose, please provide us with four sets of drawings or photographs for one design case.
The following information is also required at the time of filing a design case,
1. Priority Right data (if any to be claimed).
2. Name, address and nationality of each designer.
3. Name, address, nationality and residence of each applicant.
4. Title of article.
5. Locarno Classification of the article to which the design applies.
If priority is claimed, a certified copy of the priority document is required to be submitted within three months from the Chinese filing date. However, in order to avoid any extra late filing fees.
We recommend submitting the ...
1. Power of attorney, (no legalization is required).
2. Specification with claims and abstract (in English, German, French or
Japanese for translation into Chinese).
3. Drawings, if any (two sets of the formal drawings without legend,
and one set with illustration), size 185x260 mm.
4. Certified copy of the basic application, if priority is claimed; can be
filed within three months from the filing date. No translation (which
is only to be filed on request of the State Intellectual Property Office).
5. Assignment of priority rights (only if the applicant of the Chinese
application differs from that of the first application), no legalization.
It can be filed within three months from the filing date, but should ...
Patent Application for Invention/Utility Model (Convention Application)
- Name and address of the applicant(s) and the inventor(s).
- Information of Priority Right (if priority right is claimed).
- Description, claims, abstract, drawings (if any).
- Certified priority document (if priority right is claimed).
- Assignment (if the applicant in China is different from that of the priority application).
- Power of attorney.
Items 1-3 are mandatory at the time of filing, whereas items 4-6 can be filed later; however, the deadline for submitting item 4 will expire after three months from the Chinese filing date.
Patent Application for Design (Convention Application)
- Name and address of ...
Formal Requirements for Filing Trademark Applications in China
1. An instruction letter indicating the applicant’s detail, i.e. its nationality, name, address and the Chinese translation thereof.
2. The classes in which registration is sought.
3. Specific of all the goods or services sought to be covered in each registration.
4. Details of the priority application (if appropriate).
5. A certified priority document and its English translation, if it is not in English.
6. A specimen (5-10cm) of the mark, if it is in black and white. 8 color copies and two black and white copies if the mark claims color protection.
7. A signed Power of Attorney; no legalization or notarization is required.
8. A copy of the ...