Utility Model Applications
- A power of attorney simply signed. It could be sent by return fax. It does not require Notary Certification or Consular Legalization.
- If priority is claimed, we have 90 days from the Uruguayan filing application date to submit the Priority Document issued by the Patent Office of the origin country.
- If priority is claimed and we do not have the document in the moment of the application we need the data of the priority: name of the country, number and date.
- Name, identification or passport number and address of the applicant.
- Name, identification or passport number of the inventor if he is not the applicant. In our country it is not necessary to submit the assignment from the inventors to the applicant.
- One copy of the specification, drawings, claims and a summary of less than 100 words for the publication.
- A Spanish translation is required. If priority is claimed the translation of the Priority Document should be done by an Uruguayan public translator.