- Multi-class system
- Claiming priority according to the Paris Convention.
- Technical Examination system
The following information is required to proceed with the filing of a Dominican Republic application:
- Applicant’s name, nationality, and full address.
- Labels (preferably) in an electronic format or 25 labels with a size of 15 x 15 cm.
- Specific list of goods or services sought to be protected by the application per class.
- Power of attorney document signed for an authorized officer of the company, before Notary Public, which must certify the legal existence of the company, as well as the ability of the person who signs this document. The Dominican Republic Consulate must legalize this document. This document may be filed along with the application or during the following 30 days after filing.
- Priority document: A certified copy of the application from which the priority rights are claimed. This document may be filed along with the application or during the following 3 months after filing.