P1: Can a patent search be conducted?
P2: Can a patent application be filed without its complete documents?
- All relevant documents can be filed within 3 months from the date of filing the application.
P3: Can convention priority be claimed? Paris Convention?
P4: Can a registration be obtained for pharmaceutical products?
P5: What is the term of protection of a patent and from which date is it calculated? Can it be extended?
- Protection term is 20 years. There is no patent renewal as the Patent Office has not yet started the examination.
P6: Is a secret form of filing a model/design permitted?
- Not permitted.
P7: Is there a novelty requirement? Is it local or worldwide?
- No novelty requirement.
P8: Are utility models granted protection in your country under the Current Law?
- No granting, only application is possible.
P9: Is the patent protection available for software alone, or must the software be coupled with computer hardware in order to permit patent application?
- Patent application is possible for software alone.
P10: Can the specifications or claims be amended?
- Can be amended by separate application.
P11: Could annuity payments be made before the granting of the patent?
- No patent annuity is payable.
P12: In what language should specifications and claims of the patent be filed?
- In Arabic language.
P13: Is working of the invention required to keep protection in force and, if so, can the working requirements be satisfied by importation or nominal working?
- Not applicable.
P14: What are the conditions that might lead to a compulsory license?
- No compulsory license is granted.
P15: Must assignments be recorded within a certain period?
- Assignment can be filed without publication.
P16: Does the Patent Law provide for licenses or registered users?
- Does not provide.
P17: Does the Patents Office publish the patent applications in the Official Gazette?
- No publication.