Requirements for Filing Patent and Utility Model Applications
1. Specification, claims, abstract and drawings.
2. A Power of Attorney (no notarization or legalization is required).
3. Assignment, if necessary.
4. Full name, domicile and address of applicant and inventor.
5. In case of claiming priority, a certified copy of the priority document will be required.
Note: A patent is protected for 20 years counted from the date of submission of the application form to the Brazil Patent Office.
National entry of an international patent application (PCT - Chapter I or II - both 30 months from the international filing date)
1. Copy of the complete PCT application (request, specifications, claims, drawings and abstract).
2. Copy of the PCT ... More details